Thursday, August 30, 2012

EVERYONE. STRUGGLES.


WRITER: KATELYN CROMPTON
VIRGINIA

“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.”
 - Plato

We’re so quick to judge. I don’t know what it is about us girls, but we are always judging others and ourselves. We are given these high expectations on what we “should” be. My insecurities began when I was 5 and found out that not only did I have to wear glasses, but due to my lazy eye, I also had to wear an eye patch. I felt so out of place and always felt like people were just looking at my patch and not the real me. I grew up thinking that because I didn’t have the looks, education, personality, etc. that I wasn’t allowed to be confident about myself. I was very hard on myself and on others. 


TAKEN BY KATELYN BELL PORTRAIT PHOTOGRAPHY 

FOR MORE VISIT: http://www.facebook.com/KatelynCromptonPortraitPhotography

I love this picture because to me it shows that EVERYONE struggles, even people who we think are perfect and have everything. One of my favorite things to read is The Merciful Obtain Mercy by Dieter F. Uchtdorf. By not judging others or tearing them down, we can actually do the opposite and build them up, but we need to remember that we 
cannot lift another soul unless we are standing on higher ground than they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment