Tuesday, July 31, 2012

THIS.IS.ME.

 
WRITER: NICOLE CHAMBATI 
ZIMBABWE

As I looked through my closet, I was having a typical female moment over what to wear. I never put too much thought into what I wear but things change when I know I’m getting my picture taken. I went through 4 outfits and was getting more flustered by the outfit because the clothes just weren’t me. I was almost ready to call it quits when I caught a glimpse of one of my favorite dress shirts. It’s probably 4 or 5 years old but it makes me feel so happy and comfortable whenever I wear it and that’s when it dawned on me that that was ME! I was able to walk out of the house and to the shoot feeling my best courtesy of my favorite shirt, flats, leggings and a fabulous hair. I’m tired of letting outside influences control what my level of comfort is. The woman I have become motivates me to continue to “be the change you wish to see in the world” ! Be confident in who you are and if you have to force yourself into something, it’s probably not for you. Embrace who you are and the world will love you for who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment