Monday, July 30, 2012

FABULOUS.AND.TEMPTING


WRITER: GINA D
FLORIDA
 
Every girl or woman throughout their lifetime deal with self image problems. The media is affecting self image issues in young women because of the weight loss ads that are seen on TV, billboards, and magazines. I battle with that throughout my lifetime until joining The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints at the age of 18. When I joined the church I gained knowledge that Im a beloved beautiful daughter of my Heavenly Father and I was created in his image.. Recent studies find that approximately 63 percent of women and 50 percent of men in the United States are dissatisfied with their body and view it negatively "The world teaches that bodily appearance determines individual worth and desirability. The more “ideal” one’s body type, the greater one’s worth and the greater one’s chances of leading a happy, fulfilling life. Those without ideal bodies are often criticized or ignored, while those with ideal bodies are sought after, envied, or given authority.Is this the way God intends us to regard our bodies? Our bodies is our temple.Is this the way God intends us to regard our bodies?A temple not only is sacred, but it also radiates light and truth.A person’s worth is not dependent upon his or her appearance. What makes a temple precious is what it allows us to learn and to do. Many buildings are outwardly beautiful, but only within the temple can the splendor and magnificence of God’s eternal truth and promises be found. Likewise, the worth of the body is great in the sight of God, but the preciousness of the body comes from what it allows us to learn and do and from what it radiates from within."( The Body, a Sacred Gift - Ensign July 2005 - ensign) I know my worth and I know Im beautiful beyond measure. One quote I love is "Why are you trying so hard to fit in, when you're born to stand out!?" I know Im F.A.T Fabulous And Tempting Im comfortable in the skin Im in.

No comments:

Post a Comment