Friday, November 30, 2012

BEING.STRONG.IN.TRIALS


                       WRITER: EMILY HATCH
MASSACHUSETTS

My name is Emily Hatch, and I’m a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I have been recently struggling with a disease called endometriosis that has been very painful and a hard experience to go through, for about 3 years now. But that hasn’t kept me down! I’ve been able to fight through it day to day and am getting better as each day progresses. Through this trial I have come to know of my self worth and how I can help others. Trials are very hard things to go through! But they are all meant to bring out the best in us and to help us and others around us. I’ve been able to help many through my struggle with this disease. My family and I have been able to start up an endometriosis center in Boston, I’ve been able to be on the NPR radio station, I’ve been able to be interviewed for an NPR article, I’ve been able to do some fundraising for the center, and I’ve been able to help diagnose 3 of my cousins that had this disease. This trial has been and continues to be hard but there is always a light at the end of each tunnel. I hope that all of you will be able to go through your trials with the knowledge that you will be able to reach an end of them and that you will be able to touch many peoples hearts, as well as help others who might be going through something similar or the same. Thank you for letting me post on your wall and letting me be apart of this amazing project! Keep strong ladies you can do it!
 

Here is the link to the NPR radio show http://audio.wbur.org/storage/2012/03/radioboston_0327_endometriosis-teens.mp3

No comments:

Post a Comment