Wednesday, August 1, 2012

THIS.IS.MY.LIFE.

-->
  WRITER: ANNEY JOHNSON
VIRGINIA

Honestly I question myself weekly, daily, probably even hourly, there really is hardly a time where I don’t stop and think about what I am about to do, not because I am afraid that it is a bad choice that will take my life down the wrong path, but because I am afraid of what people are going to think of me because of what I do. I even question saying what I want to in front of people that I know are my friends and that I know wont judge me, but still I worry that if I say something that they don’t want to hear once they will hate me forever, and the worst thing about that is that it’s not even just with my petty high school friends, it’s with people that I have known for years that have been through everything with me, they have no reason to judge me or think badly of me because of my opinion on something, and I know that they don’t, but still I’m worried about what they will think when I say I like something that isn’t necessarily their favorite thing. Really how is that fair? I’m cheating myself out of being who I really am.

This was my life, and still is sometimes, but then I realized I don’t care what people think about me, sure it’s nice to have people think your great and wonderful and perfect but honestly, who is? Show me someone perfect and maybe then I will again start to worry about what people think of me. I know who I am and I know I have worth, and nothing is going to stop me from wearing my invisible crown.

No comments:

Post a Comment