Friday, November 30, 2012

MORE.TO.LIFE


                               WRITER: KILEY FERON
VIRGINIA

How can I compete with the models on TV? The rich and the famous? The “reality shows”? I was 19 when I got married, and had my first baby when I was 21. Some people would say that I am crazy. That I was in the best years of my life- my body at its peak- Why would I intentionally burden my self with this? Riddle my body with stretch marks, age my face with lack of sleep, and let my skin grow dry. Well, here’s the TRUE reality: There is more to life than looks, money, being famous, and being liked. I know that I am beautiful because when I look into my daughters eyes I know that she loves me for who I am- her nurturer, her caretaker, her cook, her book reader, her mess cleaner, her mother. And I know I am beautiful because when my husband looks at me I know he sees past the stretch marks to see the 9 months of sickness, aching, and preparation for our greatly loved baby girl. He sees past the tired face to see the mother and wife I have worked hard to become and still strive to be. I am comfortable in my skin because my life is a good one. I can do no better than be who I am and strive to become better wife, mother, daughter, sister, and friend through God’s strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment